Friday, February 22, 2013

Clump Crusher

Hello everybody!! I hope you are all enjoying the snow, if you live in the Midwest, and if not I hope you're enjoying whatever weather you may be in. If it's warm where you are I'm super jealous and wish I could come visit (:

So today I decided I was going to do a  little review type post on Covergirl's Clump Crusher mascara. I don't usually wear any makeup unless I'm going somewhere like to dinner or something but if I do decided to wear makeup on some random day it's usually only mascara. I never knew what kind to get so I ended up going with Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express because it was recommended to me by a friend. Well, it's not all I thought it would be. It didn't lengthen or volumize like I thought it would. Since I didn't like that mascara very much I wanted to try something new and found that a lot of people were raving about The Clump Crusher mascara. What the heck, I bought some. I got mine at Wal-Mart for $6.94, not a bad price. It comes in four colors, brown, black brown, black, and very black. I bought mine in very black and it is very black, ha ha! It also comes as waterproof and non waterproof. I prefer to buy mine in non waterproof during the winter because for one I won't be sweating as much so I don't have to worry about it running and for two it's sooooo much easier to take off!!


The next morning I woke up and decided I wanted to try it out, I curled my lashed like normal and when I put it on I was actually amazed and how much it separated my lashes. At first I thought they looked too separated  which seems weird to say,  but after applying some more I really really liked it. It volumized my lashes quite a bit which I love because I don't have very long voluminous lashes. It's very easy to apply and you probably don't need two coats unless you want your lashes to really stand out. Since I don't ever wear anything except mascara I usually want it to stand out.


I really loved the brush on this mascara because it was curved so it was great for getting the little lashes that are close to the inside corner or my eye. It doesn't bring out more mascara then it needed so I don't ever have to scrape any extra off, except sometimes there is a little on the very tip that you can either wipe off or you could hold the wand vertically and scrape the excess onto your lashes and then turn it horizontally and apply the rest as usual, either way is fine! I definitely recommend this mascara and think it's a great buy for anyone! I will post some pictures below of it actually on my lashes so you can get an idea of what I mean by it crazily separates your lashes!

 My left eye with the mascara on. If you know me you'll know that this is a significant improvement to the length and volume of my lashes. Plus, there are no real clumps like I've had with almost every other mascara.

Ha ha, sorry for the crazy eyebrows! I'm trimming those up later! :)

I hope you all enjoyed the review and hope this helped you if you were trying to decide on a new mascara or just trying to change up your routine.

Have a happy "clump free" day!

xoxo -kc


No comments:

Post a Comment