Monday, February 25, 2013

85th Annual Oscars


Hello friends!! I'm up at 1:15 in the morning with heavy eyes writing this post so if there are any errors please forgive me, ha ha.

So as most of you probably know the 85th annual Oscars were tonight, well last night lol, and I thought it was one of the best ones I've seen. Seth McFarlane did an amazing job as the host and I thought this year's theme "music in the movies" was a perfect theme especially because Les Miserables came out this (Oscar) year. Everyone that sang tonight was simply amazing, especially Adele singing "Skyfall," it was beautiful. If you didn't get a chance to watch it I will be posting the winners for each category so if you recorded it and are waiting to watch it you will probably not want to read any further until after you've watched it, but don't forget to come back :)

Visual Effects: Life of Pi (Bill Westenhofer, Guillaume Rocheron, Erik-Jan De Boer, & Donald R. Elliott)

Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Argo (Written by Chris Terrio)

Writing (Original Screenplay): Django Unchained (Written by Quentin Tarantino)

Short Film (Live Action): Curfew (Shawn Christensen)

Sound Editing: Skyfall (Per Hallberg & Karen Baker Landers)

Sound Mixing: Les Miserables (Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson, & Simon Hayes)

Music (Original Song): "Skyfall" (Music & lyrics by Adele Adkins & Paul Epworth)

Production Design: Lincoln (Rick Carter (Production Design) Jim Erikson (Set Decoration))

Short Film (Animated): Paperman (John Kahrs)

Foreign Language Film: Amour (Austria)

Makeup & Hair styling: Les Miserables (Lisa Westcott & Julie Dartnell)

Music (Original Score):
 Life of Pi (Mychael Danna)

Documentary Feature: Searching for Sugar Man (Malik Bendjelloul & Simon Chinn)

Documentary Short: Inocente (Sean Fine & Andrea Nix)

Film Editing: Argo (William Goldenberg)

Cinematography: Life of Pi (Claudia Miranda)

Costume Design: Anna Karenina (Jacqueline Durran)

Directing: Life of Pi (Ang Lee)

Actor (In a Supporting Role): Christopher Waltz (Django Unchained)

Actress (In a Supporting Role): Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables)

Animated Feature Film: Brave (Mark Andrews & Brenda Chapman)

Actress (In a Leading Role): Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)

Actor (In a Leading Role): Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)

Best Picture: Argo (Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck, & George Clooney)

I actually agree with all of these, except best picture! I think that either Lincoln or Les Miserables should have won best picture but I haven't actually seen Argo so I don't really have any room to talk BUT I definitely think Lincoln and Les Miserables were two very inspirational and moving movies. What do you guys think?

There were also tons of super pretty dresses this year. There are always beautiful dresses every year but I though this year there were a lot more. I will show you some of favorites below. Who do you guys think looked the best?

Jennifer Lawrence

Zoe Saldana

Naomi Watts in this gorgeous sparkling Armani Prive dress

Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck

Catherine Zeta-Jones looked beautiful in this gold and shimmering gown

Melissa McCarthy looking very tasteful in her lovely gown

Sally Fields

Channing Tatum looking handsome as ever with his beautifully glowing wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum

Octavia Spencer was the first lady to go on stage and I was in awe of how beautiful she looked

Kerry Washington

There were many other beautiful outfits but these were the ones that stood out to me and made me really really jealous, ha ha! I told Ross tonight that I would one day have an Oscar nomination if not have an Oscar! I know that seems very unlikely but you have to go big or go home. Dream big and never let anyone take those dreams away from you. 

Let me know what your guys' thoughts were on the Oscars and who you thought looked best dressed!!

Red Carpets, Gowns, and Celebrities
xoxo -kc

No comments:

Post a Comment