Sunday, March 3, 2013

Victoria's Secret, Splash, Zombies, & Deer..


Hi everybody! I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in the past few days but I've been out of town and away from my computer. So if you're wondering about the picture above, that is my dad and his deer he shot, I believe it was 3 years ago. He shot this monster on Christmas Eve and I was lucky enough to be with him when he found it, it was such an awesome moment for all of us. If you're a hunter you will know what I'm talking about :)
Me, my mom, and my sister have all shot deer as well but since my dad shot the biggest I figured I'd show his off!

You're also probably wondering what everything in the title has to do with eachother, ha ha, well first off..this past weekend was the Iowa Deer Classic in Des Moines and I try to go to it every year. It's where everyone can take their deer to show off, their shed antlers, there are vendors you can buy spices, clothes, deer/turkey calls, tree stands, pretty much anything to do with hunting you will find there. So that's where I was this morning into the early afternoon.

 Backup to Saturday when me and Ross drove to Des Moines and met my mom and her two friends and one of their daughters at the mall. We all got manis and pedis, well except for Ross..he went and bought a book from Barnes and Noble and read that while he waited for us, he he! It was so relaxing and I had an awesome time. I will post a picture below of my pretty nails. After getting pampered my mom and her friends went back to the deer classic and me and Ross shopped for a little bit. We went to Aeropoastale first and they were having a "buy one get one free" t-shirt sale so I bought two shirts for me, two for him, and bought him a zip-up hoodie because he lost his last one :(

Red with glitter polish over the top!


 This is the shirt my mom bought for me. the JFD stands for "Just For Does", it's a company that makes clothing, bows, etc. just for woman. So lots of pink! I have shirt I bought from them last year that is black with their logo on the front and the back says, "We hunt like you, only prettier." :)
They also have a "Just for Bucks" line of clothing and other things just for guys. 
Check them out --> Just for Does


 This is one of the shirts I bought at Aero, the other one looks like this but it's white.
 It looks kind of wide in the picture but this is a size medium and it's one of those shirts that is wider on the sides and doesn't quite come down to the top of your pants, like a cutoff. 

My pretty North Face sweatshirt :)

We walked around a little more and wound up in Victoria's Secret where they were having their "buy 5 for $26" underwear sale. So of course I had to get some, ha ha!! We left there before I spent anymore money and went back to the hotel my parents were staying at, but not before driving around for what seemed like hours looking for a parking spot that was $10 to park in. We ended paying only $5 which was the cheapest they had. Me and Ross went to dinner with my parents and another couple that came up to Des Moines with my parents. It was a place called Splash and it was a seafood/grill restaurant and let me tell you it was delicious, expensive..but delicious. I ended up getting a ribeye with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans. We also got oysters and tuna, they were both super yummy and I recommend trying both of them.

So today after going to the deer classic we ended up going back to the mall because I wanted to look for a new purse but I could not find one that I liked anywhere!! I did end up walking out of there with a new North Face sweatshirt though, it's amazingly warm and cozy!

 Sooo..how to zombies fit into this story? Well, downtown Des Moines there is a place called Zombie Burger and Drink Lab, I had never eaten there before but I've heard amazing things about it so we decided we would go there for lunch. It was definitely AMAZING! They have such cool decor, awesome names for everything on their menu, and amazing drinks! Here are just a few examples of the cool names for their food and drinks they serve..
Undead Elvis: Peanut butter, fried bananas, bacon, American cheese, egg, & mayo
T-Virus (What I got): Swiss, grilled portabello mushroom, lettuce, tomato, onion, & mayo
Trailer Trash Zombie (What Ross got): American cheese, fried pickle, chicken fried bacon, fried cheese curds, and ranch
CEREAL SHAKES!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Vanilla ice cream, cinnamon toast crunch (if you want it alcoholic they add Rum Chata)
Crunch Berry Shake: Vanilla ice cream, crunch berries (vanilla vodka if you want alcohol)

Do these not sound so fun and awesome? I wanted to try everything, ha ha! So if you're ever in Des Moines Iowa please stop by and try out there amazing burgers and/or drinks.
Here's a link to their site with a full menu --> Zombies!

Sorry this post was so long but I tried to fit in my whole weekend into one post, hope you all enjoyed and please come back for my post! I promise it will be shorter ;)

Happy hunting for your clothes, deer, and even zombies
xoxo -kc

No comments:

Post a Comment