Tuesday, February 17, 2015

To Be Known By Love

After our church service this past Sunday I have had a lot weighing on my heart that I just feel I need to say. We are going through a series called "Brave" and it's just as you'd expect; how to be brave. What being brave looks like and how we can achieve that. 

Last Sunday we talked about journeying towards gratitude which in turn leads to holiness which than leads to generosity. I think that being thankful for the love God has for me and making feel whole and turning that love into generosity towards others is my weakness. I am very harsh towards people and if you mess up and hurt me or any one that I care about it's hard for me to love you again and show you generosity. 

"photo courtesy of simplyablogoflife.com"

Once you step back and think about everything that people have done that God has forgiven them for than why can't you forgive the person that hurt you? Forgiving someone doesn't give them permission to hurt you again or even saying you have forgotten what they've done. Forgiving someone, loving them, and showing generosity towards them is done because you know God's love. He loves you and has forgiven you for all your sins and you are now whole again and can continue on to bless others.

Grace compels generosity.

1 John 4:7-8 says "Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes form God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

John 15:12-13 says "This is my commandment: love each other the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friend."

The past couple months I've had a really hard time with forgiving people and showing them grace. No one is perfect but if I know God's love then I can show others that love as well. 

xoxo
-k

P.S. If you would like to watch any of the recorded services from the Brave series you can click the link below. I have also included links to watch some past series as well if you'd be interested in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment