Sunday, February 9, 2014

Make-Me-Up

Hey everyone! I hope your weekend has been great so far. Today's the last day so get out there and do what you do best. Whether that's worshipping, sleeping, watching the Olympics, or going out and playing in this lovely (sarcasm) snow we have. Enjoy this day doing what you love with the ones that you love! Lord knows I will be cuddled up on the couch with a hot drink in my hand watching the season premiere of The Walking Dead!!

Today's post will be a little different then normal but I figured I'd mix it up a little. The picture below is of me after I applied makeup for the first time in about.. A year :/ 


The items I used were:
Elf Flawless Finish Foundation in the color Sand (Target)
Milani face powder in the color 03 medium (Target)
Lorac blush in the color plum (Gifted)
Lorac eye shadow palette in the color 3099-unzip (Gifted)
Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara in black (Target) 
The brushes I used were all Elf brushes that I bought at Target




I first used the foundation brush (middle one) to apply the foundation all over my fave and made sure to blend down onto my neck. 
Then I took the big fluffy brush and applied the face powder everywhere.
I used that same brush and applied the blush to the apples of my cheeks.
I switched to the eyeshadow brush (bottom one) and applied the top left cream color eyeshadow to my brow bone, inner corners if my eyes, and right under my lower lash line to brighten up my eyes.
I then took the bottom left color and applied it over my entire lid.
I used the darkest color (bottom right) in the crease of my lid.
I used the eyelash curler on my lashes and then applied two coats of the mascara to my top and bottom lashes. 


I didn't add anything to my lips because honestly, I didn't have anything to add. I have a bunch of chap stick but that isn't going to do anything but make my lips shinier. I really need to update my lipgloss/lipstick collection because I have always wanted to try a red lipstick for when Ross & I decide to go on a date to a nicer restaurant. I may purchase some before Valentine's Day and then I will put up a post on my Valentine's Date Night makeup. 
What do you guys recommend for lipgloss or lipstick. I've never been a fan of lipstick because it always feels dry on my lips. Let me know if you guys like anything that isn't dry feeling and possibly any lip stains that you think I'll like. 


I hope you guys enjoyed this post. I wanted to do something a little different then the usual posts. Comment below and let me know what you thought. Advice, suggestions, tips, tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment