Monday, October 21, 2013

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22

Happy Monday! Welcome back from the weekend!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend because I know I did. I turned 22 yesterday and I had such a great time with my family and friends, I am so blessed! Today's post is going to be just relaxed and casual, not really talking about anything specific except for my fun filled weekend :)

Me & Ross drove down home Friday afternoon and spent the whole night at his parents house. We were going to go to the football game but it was so cold that night that we didn't want to leave the comfort of the nice warm house. Ross' friends came over and we hung out until around 5 and then decided that we had a big day ahead of us so we better get some sleep!

That morning we woke up around noon and headed to my house. I knew I wanted to curl my hair so I had to start early! It takes me FOREVER to curl my hair, it's so thick and there are too many layers! 
I finally finished doing my hair and since we still had about 1 1/2 left before we had to leave I went to the barn and helped feed my grandparent's 3 baby calves, I just can't get enough of those cuties! I'm suppose to be naming the biggest one but I can't seem to think of a name for him, any suggestions?


It was finally time to go to Courtside, a bar and grill in town! I had a fantastic time there with my loved ones. I also had one of the best prime ribs I've ever had and excellent mashed potatoes to go along with it. We ate, drank, played shuffleboard, and just had one heck of a good time. After a couple hours of hanging out we decided to head back home and continue the party there. 

Me & my sister!

My love <3

My little cousin Parker!

My grandpa, he looked so thrilled to be having his picture taken!

My other cousin Cooper! 

Some of my most favorite boys! <3

You gotta be sill every now and then!

When we got back to my parents house we started a bon fire to stay warm. We also drank pumpkin pie-tinis which are absolutely amazing! We found the recipe in a "Hungry Girl" drink book. A few of my friends came out to the bon fire to help me ring in my actual birthday. We sat around the fire and laughed until we couldn't breathe!


I actually share my birthday with some pretty amazing people. This guy above happens to be one of them. We met when I worked at Hy-Vee in 2007 and even though we've been through some really hard times in out friendship we've managed to always stay friends and he's been there for me even when everyone else walked out, I don't know where I'd be without him. I also share my birthday with two lovely ladies that I graduated high school with. January must have been a busy month for people around my town! ;)

This is Bryer - isn't he the cutest thing ever! :)

Around 3 o'clock we were all getting tired so we decided to call it a night. I was plum tuckered out!

My mom made us a ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, scalloped corn, and rolls before we headed back to Ames. It was delicious! We let that settle for a while while we packed our things got the car packed. My mom got my a personal cupcake decorate like a flower and also bought a sea salt and caramel cheesecake as well as a pumpkin cheesecake. I blew out my one little candle, they sang happy birthday, we stuffed ourselves to the point of no return, and me and Ross headed North. 

I love going down home, it's so wonderful seeing all my friends and family again. However; Ames is where we call home now and it's always nice to come home and be able to sit and relax, and sleep in your own bed.

Today I did go out for supper with my roommate and her boyfriend and then my other friend. We ate at Old Chicago and let me tell you, I've never had better pasta then when we eat there. If you've never been to one you're seriously missing out! 


Thank you to anyone reading this that helped me celebrate my birthday. It was such a fun time and I love you all.

Until next year..
xoxo -Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment